How To Prepare Kava In 4 Quick Steps
How to make Kava tea – What you need to get started
Before you start making your own delicious Kava, you need a few things.
- High-quality ground Kava root.
- A strainer bag. You can also use something like an old t-shirt or anything that would function the same as a very large tea bag.
- Hot water (not too hot).
- A bowl.
For one serving, put 2-4 spoons of Kava root in your strainer bag. You can increase the amount of Kava root if you want more servings.
Now you need to add water. Add 8-12oz of hot tap water. The water should not be too hot, you should be able to work with your hands in the water without being uncomfortable.
If you want the perfect temperature it should be around 120 degrees Fahrenheit (49 degrees Celsius) and not hotter. If the water is hotter it can damage the effect of the Kava.
Put the strainer bag with the Kava root in it, in the bowl. Open your strainer bag and pour the water into it. You can also add the water to the bowl first and then put the bag in the water, but pouring water straight into the strainer bag tends to yield more tasty Kava.
Close the bag by twisting the top. You don’t want any of the Kava root to get into the water. Knead the bag so that the active ingredients of the Kava is pushed out into the water.
Knead for about 10-15 minutes. The active ingredients of Kava don’t work like tea, so you can’t leave the bag in the water without kneading it.
Voila, you’re now done preparing your Kava. Now you need to let it cool off. You can put it in the fridge until it’s cool and enjoyable. When it’s ready, you can sit down with your own fresh Kava drink and relax.
Remarkable tips on how to prepare Kava
- Put some music on while preparing your Kava. As strange as this may sound I’ve found my Kava to taste better when prepared with my favorite jams. It’s also more fun preparing it.
- Use medium ground Kava, it’s perfect for this kind of preparation.
- Put lots of pressure on the strainer bag while kneading it. This will make your Kava very potent.
- The amount of water you use will determine how strong the taste of your Kava is. If you want less Kava taste, use a bit more water. If you want more taste, use a bit less water. Experiment until you find the perfect taste for you.
- You can add the juice of citrus fruits to your Kava for the taste.
- If you’re working out, you can add protein powder to your Kava.
You can make your own delicious Kava at home, by following the quick steps in the article. It’s important to follow the method of making Kava properly, as poorly prepared Kava is not a pleasant experience.
To make the preparation more fun, you can listen to music while preparing. For taste, you can add citrus fruit juice.
Use lots of pressure during the preparation. Experiment with the amount of water you like best, more water will make the taste weaker and less water will make the taste stronger.
Next time you make Kava, you’ll know exactly what to do. Have fun.
Do you have your own tips on how to make the perfect Kava? Comment down below.